12 Oct 2006

"My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison


It was another lovely day today so John W and I agreed to look at a fishing beat on the River Don in the morning and go for a walk in the afternoon. We got to the beat on the River Don to find the water very high becuase of the recent rains on the day before & overnight. John never intened to fish there but a gentleman who was fishing with a spinner let us have a shot of his equipment for 1/2 hr or so. What a kind man. He even left us for a while to go to his car to fetch something. What trust! We never cought a fish though.

We then set off for a beautiful area called My Lord's Throat further down the River Don. From here we walked up to the top of Millstone Hill (410m) near Bennachie. The view from the top was very good and I got a chance to see Bennachie from a direction that I have never really seen it from before. Great day out, yet again. The weather for October is astonishing. Sunny and warm!

No comments: