25 Aug 2006

"Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd

Janis and I were at our first ever watercolour art class today. Our pensioners association ran it for us (I helped set it up with John) and we had a super day. The setting was Haddo House near where we live. My result is attached although I must say it is not finshed yet. I was amazed at how tired I was after the day's class. I think I was using a part of my brain I have not used for years (the creative bit). I enjoyed it so much I am going to buy some materials and try to do a few more when I go out into the countryside.

So here is the picture. Its not great but its a start.



This is my 1st watercolour painting I have ever done. Still to be completed.
And I painted this one on the next day. I will complete it next week and hope to frame it and hang it in our home.

2 comments:

Janet said...

You never cease to amaze me -- doing anything and everything, and interested in so many things!

Good for you & Janis!

I'm a dreadful "artist" (using the term VERY loosely, by the way...), but I'll bet I would enjoy playing with color and shapes anyway.

Janet

Irene said...

I like your drawing!