24 Nov 2007

"Here, There & Everywhere" by The Beatles

It's been a month since I last wrote anything here in my Blog.


I have been busy with various activities, the main one being to help gather gifts put together into shoe boxes that are going to be sent to orphaned children in Romania to allow them to enjoy a special time at Christmas. The Christmas "Shoe-box" Parcel Appeal goes out to help children in need in Romania. The New Hope Trust ask for gift boxes and there are many, many school children responing to the appeal by each one making up a box full of sweets, toys, hats, scarves, gloves, soap, toothpaste, and other small gifts, bringing happiness and joy to so many poor children in Romania. This year I drove one of their trucks around our local area and loaded many parcels from schools. I also spent time driving to Glasgow & Edinburgh collecting gifts and clothing. I was proud to drive one of the trucks out to orphanages in Moldova in 2005. This year all the gifts are being transported by container as this works out to be a more cost effective option.





Janis and I also had a weekend away to Fort William and Gairloch with our local Porsche Club group. Everyone had a good time despite the wet weather. Here we are in the car park of the hotel we stayed in at Fort William.









No comments: