12 Jan 2008

"I was so much older then" by the Byrds


You can play the music by clicking on the arrow.

I went for a nice, but cold, walk in Glen Tanar today. I was certainly in need of a long walk as it has been a while since I have had the opportunity to enjoy one and I felt like an old man by the time we got back to our car. Got home and had a relaxing, hot bath. Now I feel so much better and fit & ready to do it again. Here are some of the photos that I took in my bonnie Scotland. Thanks Harry R for suggesting the walk & the good company.










This is a drinking well within the Glen Tanar Estate. It reads as follows: "From earths flow, Seaward I go, Refreshing the World on my way, My duty done, My guerdon won, I rise on celestial way."

Guerdon means Prize in this verse.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Iain,

We "down south" want to wish you & yours a wonderful Burns Night -- I've thought about you all day!

I'm sure you'll post and tell us all about it.

The "Robertson" blood in me will celebrate along with you!

Janet

Iain Cameron said...

Thanks Janet. I made a silly video for an English friend of mine. I will email you a copy for your amusement. LOL!